The name you enter above will be copied multiple
times to the step 2 page once you press the Search button. This step 2
page will have additional buttons that you can press to launch additional
pages. The step 3 pages will have buttons to search specific databases. Once
you finish examining the database search results, return to the step 3 or step
2 pages and try pressing some of the other search buttons.
||Three Step WebSearch
one name above
2b. Search databases for one name
American, European, etc.
|(2a.) Enter spouse &
web for multiple names
using Google, Yahoo, MSN,
FamilySearch, RootsWeb, etc.
New! Print your family tree chart
Why are there 3 steps before you get
The first step is to get a
name (first & last).
second step has 3 types of options. You
should try them all
● Add to the first name, the name of the
spouse and parents
○ Step 3 is to use all of the names to
search various sources
● Specify a country of the records
○ Step 3 is to search specific databases
in the invisible web
● Do an actual search with Google, RootsWeb,
○ Step 3 presents search
Why is there more than one
There are over 100 search
buttons. You can try them all. The two main types of web searches.
is searched with search engines such as Google, Yahoo, & MSN
|Search engines find content in web pages. The search engines used here are Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
Google has a restriction of only 10 words, so multiple searches are used to
achieve the desired results.
Some of the searches are limited to specific
genealogy web sites like RootsWeb and others.
has no common search tool. Each database must be searched separately
|The invisible web is a term used to describe
web pages that are not indexed by search engines like Google.
Much of the
invisible web is database content. This WebSearch searches of over 100
specific databases not indexed by Google. Each database has its own search
form that is automatically initialized by the names you enter.
Need help? Click here. Questions? Suggest
Improvements to this site.
is what gets searched - Don't stop until you've tried them all
● One name search & search within
● Country database searches
○ USA National,
Northeast, South, and
○ Canada National and provincial searches
○ UK, England, Scotland, and Ireland
○ Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Finland
○ Germany, Netherlands, and International
● RootsWeb MetaSearch, WorldConnect and
Message Board search
● Provide names of spouse and parents
○ 1 Yahoo , 6 MSN, and 10 searches
○ FamilySearch.org search
○ GenCircles search
○ Ancestry & OneGreatFamily search
○ Formatted printable family chart
Add the eXpertGenealogy
WebSearch to your web site
To get the eXpertGenealogy WebSearch form on your own web site,
paste the following code into one of your web pages.