Genealogical research in Berlin, Brandenburg, Prussia, Pomerania and Silesia
•At the Evangelisches Zentralarchiv (protestant Central archive), Berlin: microfilmed church records of Berlin, Brandenburg, Pomerania, East Prussia and Silesia.
•at Brandenburgisches Landeshauptarchiv (central Brandenburg county archive), Potsdam: depending on the source material, I might be able to locate your ancestors before the beginning of church records down to the 16th and 17th century
•at Landesarchiv (county archive), Berlin: archiv of the city Berlin, civil records of Berlin, Pomerania, East Prussia and Silesia
•at Geheimen Staatsarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz (secret State archive Prussian Cultural Heritage), Berlin: microfilmed church records of the Prussian Military, East Prussian State archive (formerly in Königsberg)
•at local archives of Brandenburg: civil records of towns and municipalities of Brandenburg
•at Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (state library) : genealogical literature, newspapers
•at Deutsche Zentralstelle für Genealogie (German centre for genealogy), Leipzig: microfilmed church records of Bessarabia, Bukovina, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, East Prussia, Pomerania, Posen, Silesia, Transylvania, Slovenia, the Sudetenland, South Tyrol and West Prussia.
•Analysis of the genealogical literature
•Transcription of old German documents
What is the process?
- You send a request to my attention. Please provide as complete information as available to you, and relevant for further research.
- Based on your request, and for your consideration, I will list areas of possible research, e.g. church register commencement dates, relevant additional sources free of charge.
- Based on the information I am able to offer free or charge, you decide whether you would like me to go ahead with a chargeable research task . You can reply by letter or email.
- To benefit most efficiently from having to research in archives, I am only able to charge by research day, which means, I will deliver a report after 1 archive day so you can decide if you would like to continue using my services and have me perform more/ aimed at specific items research on your behalf.
- It goes without mentioning that I shall research all orders swiftly, thoroughly, and most efficiently, be those simple or complex requests.
- As part of my offer for you, you will receive 1 detailed pedigree list, 1 sources and used literature index, including accidental findings, 1 detailed report on how the research developed, and how the pedigree list has to be interpreted. You can choose to receive copies of entries researched. In the case, you wish to receive copies, I will only charge the 1 to 1 fee, without any extra charges. I shall also be happy to provide a GEDCOM file. Such a GEDCOM file will only contain core data to preserve and guarantee import into your genealogy software.