Sophisticated research tools, powerful search capabilities, and professional-quality trees, reports, and books make the award-winning Legacy Family Tree the program of choice for users of all levels and abilities. Search the Internet for billions of genealogy records.
Legacy 6.0 Features
- The Legacy News box brings you articles and announcements about genealogy-related
- The To-Do list lets you enter tasks you would like to be reminded
of. These reminders are displayed on the day you specify and remain visible
until you reschedule or cancel them.
- Birthdays and anniversaries for individuals you specify can be displayed
so you don't forget important dates.
- The Statistics box displays the number of individuals, families and
sources in current family file.
- The Updates box shows the current Legacy version. If a newer
version is available, it is also shown along with a Download Now! link.
- The Support box gives provides easy access to a variety of technical
support options as well as training material, bug reporting and submitting suggestions.
- Up to six Family/Pedigree View windows can be opened at the same
time. This allows you to view different parts of the same file at one time.
- You can have two different Family Files open simultaneously. This
lets you compare two files side-by-side and copy information from one to the other.
- You can easily copy people from one file to another using our Drag-and-Drop
- Right-clicking on any element pops up a menu containing the currently
- Nine levels of individual tags and nine levels of marriage tags are
available for marking various subsets. These can be used for reports and exporting
- Pop-up lists are immediately available from Family View:
- Spouse List
- Siblings List
- Notes (general, research and medical)
- Picture Gallery (individual and marriage)
- LDS ordinance list
- Source citation list
- Pedigree View shows the spouses, children and siblings of the current
- New individuals can be added in either view.
- Up to 200 bookmarks can be set on individuals allowing quick return
to specific persons. A bookmark list can be displayed.
- History List tracks up to the last 200 individuals displayed. (Similar
to bookmarks but automatically maintained.)
- Bubble Help is available for most features when the mouse cursor
is over them. (This can be turned off in the Customize section.)