Debrett Ancestry Research Ltd
Professional Genealogists - UK Family History Research
Long-established,leading firm with access to original sources in all parts of UK and Ireland
Building on a long tradition of excellence, Debrett Ancestry Research offers unrivalled professional expertise in the field of genealogical research, at a competitive price.
Originally part of the publishers Debrett's, we have been tracing families from all walks of life since the late 1970s.
We have experience in the full range of records throughout the UK and Ireland, from medieval times to the present.
We offer a choice of fixed-budget research programmes, at the end of which we provide:
· a bound report setting out and analysing the results of research in full detail
· a detailed pedigree chart in calligraphic font
· copies of documents
· a full list of sources
· advice on further research if appropriate and required
A free assessment service is available, online or by post.
A Debrett report is much more than just names and dates: the results are analysed, interpreted and documented in full detail, and the presentation of our reports and charts is second to none.
We offer a choice of two programmes of ancestry research: the Standard Programme and the Limited Programme. We recommend concentrating on one surname within each programme.
When we have traced your ancestry back as far as we can, or as far as you wish, we can create from this a Family Biography: a detailed, illustrated history of your family from the earliest known generation up to the present. This is when your family history will really begin to come to life. As part of our Family Biography Service we first carry out additional genealogical research to fill in any gaps in the story and to tie up loose ends. Then
· we interweave your family's history with relevant historical and geographical background, so that your ancestors are seen in their historical and local context.
· we include as much information as you want about the achievements of recent generations.
· we illustrate the family history with maps, photographs and drawings This is a highly individualised service and we work closely with each client to achieve the result that they want to hand down to future generations. The final version of your Family Biography can be produced in our standard format, or we can arrange to have it hand-bound in leather or commercially printed in as many copies as you like. Costs are quoted on an individual basis.
Pedigree Charts (Family Trees)
Debrett's pedigree charts are unique, using an in-house design procedure to create an attractive and detailed summary of your ancestry. In most cases, we provide one of these genealogical charts with each Standard Programme or Limited Programme of ancestry research, combining the information provided at the outset with what we subsequently discover.
Larger Pedigree Charts
We can also create pedigree charts from your own information and can advise on the layout of complex family pedigrees. We can supply high-quality printed charts from A3 up to A0 in size; we can also supply artwork electronically as a PDF. The printed charts are giclée printed on a acid-free paper, which is suitable for framing. We charge for these on an individual basis.
If you would like an obligation-free quotation for a pedigree chart, please send us a copy of the exact information you require to be shown on the chart.
UK House History Research
Since the 1980s, Debrett Ancestry Research has helped people trace the history of houses and properties in the UK, from humble cottages to extensive
If you live in an old property, or have recently bought one, you may wonder from time to time about the history of your house and its former inhabitants: who lived there before you? Every old house has its secrets and, while we cannot promise to uncover them all, a programme of research will certainly find something of interest.
Our UK House History Research is available for the history of houses in England, Scotland and Wales. Tracing house history involves researching a wide range of sources (largely unavailable online) to compile as complete a picture as possible of the history of houses. We carry out as much research as we can within a standard budget of £750 and send you a bound narrative report.
If further research is feasible, we advise accordingly. A line drawing of the property can also be arranged for you if required.